top of page

Korean Language Training , Apply for the D-4 Visa

You may be curious about different student visas in South Korea.

We are here to inform you that South Korea offers only two types of visas for students that contain D-2 Visa for BA, MA, and Ph.D. degrees and a D-4 Visa for Korean language trainees.

Our foremost goal in this article is to introduce the Korean language course and answer all your essential questions about the D-4 visa.

All about Korean D-4 visa

There is an opportunity for those who would like to experience the educational system in South Korea for a short amount of time by taking part in a language course.

The D-4 visa supported by Korean universities lasts at least six months which is a great time to explore the culture and lifestyle. Not only you be able to adapt to the environment, but also you could get involved with Korean society and prepare for your next steps.

If you are considering getting this visa, you must apply for a Korean language course supported only by universities. Remember that even if you register in a private institute, they will not be able to provide the D-4 visa for you.

The language course has six levels. Based on the stages, universities provide for the Korean language skills program duration will be slightly different.

The validity of this visa lasts from 6 months to 2 years under these conditions: attending classes, passing the exams, and paying the school fees. You better mark this word that the immigration office can cancel your visa as soon as they find out that you have skipped your classes and are no longer continuing your course.

Application process and inquiries

We have already informed you that the necessity for getting the student visa is to apply for the language program offered by a University and acquire an Admission letter.

The first step to take is to prepare documents that are required three months before the course starts.

Documents for enrolling at a university are:

1. Hand-written official university application form

2. Inspirational letter in English

3. passport

4. Passport image

the most recently received educational certificate(high school diploma or degree)

6. high school or university exam grades

7. bank statement of US$10.000

Additional documents may be required based on the person's records. All the documents must be translated into English and certified by a court or an apostille to legalize certificates for abroad.

The Korean language course has four semesters starting in March, June, September, and December.

The second step is that you have to know the validity of your visa and the follow-up rules:

We must mention that the D-4 visa is not as same as the D-2 visa (graduate and undergraduate degrees) in terms of validation and conditions. People often get confused, so we are here to prevent confusion in advance.

Firstly, students should be aware that their visa validation is for six months, and they should not forget to extend their visa every six months for the upcoming semesters.

Secondly, there are some strict limitations that you must bear in mind: with the D-4 visa, you are not allowed to work for the first six months of your stay in Korea and, if you are willing to seek a job after, you can only apply for part-time jobs which permits you to work only for 20 hours per a week under one circumstance, you should show a high level of attendance to the 90% of the classes and students are expected to have minimum TOPIK 2 Certificate if you are not able to fulfill this condition your permission to work decreases for 10 hours per a week.

Thirdly, do not forget that with the D-4 visa, students are not allowed to work as full-time employees.

Lastly, if you take a leave from your University during your stay, the visa will be canceled.

How to extend or change your visa

First of all, we are here to inform you there is no need to go back to your country to do the required work related to your visa, all you have to do is to reserve an appointment at the immigration office and refer to the immigrants' information center and fill out an application form for extension or changing the visa.

Also, we are here to make it easier for you.

Extending or changing the D-4 visa is reasonably simple and fast

If you are wondering if you can bring anyone with you to South Korea with this visa, we must answer that:

Unfortunately, with this visa, you don't have the power and permission to take someone with you however, the bright side is that after getting your ARC(Alien Registration Card)which will be issued two months after your arrival, you have this opportunity to send invitation letters to your family and friends to visit them in the country.

If you have any further questions about preparing documents, you can always feel free to contact us via Instagram, email, chat box, and our website.


Commenting has been turned off.
bottom of page